This is an epic adventure to Lofoten Norway, one of the craziest corners of the world
The Norweigian fjords have forever portrayed Norway as a country of natural beauty, with its magnificent dramatic landscapes surrounded by many deep narrow waterways .This is a a seven day trail running to one of the most beautiful archipelagos on the planet.
Explore the unbelievably landscapes of Lofoten, ridge lines, sharp peaks, breathtakingly beautiful white and azure beaches, fjords, traditional red and yellow Norwegian huts, and of course the unforgettable midnight sun. The islands have been inhabited since the Viking age, and are rich with culture and history.
The trails are varied, from easy runs to a bit more technical, steep and challenging.
We will be staying in one of the traditional Rorbeurs at Hattvika Lodge an unbelievable place to stay as it provides the complete authentic Lofoten experience with incredible food.
Who can join?
Anyone with some experience in trail running and hilly terrain can join. Pace is unimportant on our adventures, but for several days we will be out for 3 to 6 hours and switch between running, hiking and other activities.
Day 1 | Lekness, July 5
The team from Vagabond Trails will pick you up at Leknes (LKN) airport. We will get into our vehicle and head for the authentic fisherman village Ballstad where we will be lodging at the beautiful Hattvika Lodge, which we will use as a base camp for the trip. Ballstad is situated on one of the central Lofoten islands, which is perfect for exploring the areas of Vestvågøy and Flakstadøy. We will have some time to explore the area and have an informational and safety briefing.
Organised airport pick-up
Short run to shake the legs
Day 2 - 6 | Westernern Islands - July 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Every morning we will have a substantial breakfast at our cabin. Depending on the plan for the day we will pack our box lunch or eat on the way. Northern Norway is famous for its rapidly changing and unpredictable weather. We will plan our daily runs as we wake up each day when we know what the weather gods will throw our way. For fair weather days we will head into the mountains to iconic summits like Tjeldbergtind, Reinebringen, Justadtinden, Volanstinden, Ryten, Stornappstind, Offersøykammen and Himmeltinden, to name just a few options. Depending on the days and route we will either start in the morning or in the afternoon to experience the beauty of the midnight sun. If there is a poor weather day we will try to hunt a part of the archipelago that allow us to enjoy the islands and the views.
Most of the days we will have routes with at least 800 meters of elevation gain. The peaks in Lofoten can be short, steep and technical. Depending on the day we will run either one route or two, summing up at least 12 Km per day.
Day 7 | Lekness - July 11
After breakfast is time to pack our memories and say good bye amigos! The trip will officially end at noon with transport to the airport.
How Challenging ?
Medium effort. This is a trail running expedition where we can expect 3-5 hours of running per day, with up to 800 meters of hight gain. Previous trail running experience is highly recommended. More info about effort levels here.
Price and Details
The tour includes:
Everything described in the tour
All of the scheduled activities: trail running, hiking, guide
All accommodation during the tour ( 6 nights)
Twin shared rooms (limited single occupancy available for an extra price)
All meals during the tour
All transport during the tour (except for those by feet!)
The tour excludes:
Transport to Leknes (e.g. flights)
Insurance. All participants are required to have their own insurance appropriate for outdoor sports; such as health, accident, mountain rescue, repatriation, cancellation, personal liability, etc.
Trail snack to eat on the go - dried fruit, nuts or energy bars to last you throughout the entire runs (further info in the packing list)
Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
Expenses for extra activities, such as; kayac, SUP massages, sauna, hot tub
Any accommodations for extra days in Lofoten
Price: 2895 EUR
30% deposit due to secure your reservation, remaining 70% due 60 days before the start of the expedition. Excl. VAT, where applicable.
min 5 - max 7
Start: Leknes (Leknes Aiport)
End: Leknes (Leknes Aiport)
We reserve the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, and unforeseeable circumstances.
This tour is governed by the Terms and Conditions