Val de Bagnes Tour
A great opportunity to explore Val de Bagnes. This is a popular trip even for locals who want to re-discover their region. While you walk, the majestics Combins, Vélan and Mont-Blanc will be in the background. One of the highlights of this hike is Mauvoisin dam, a huge monument of the modern engineering. Continuing our journey a majestic panorama awaits you at the Corbassière glacier with the Grand Combin as witness. There will be alpine passes as the highest point of our hike Col des Otanes at 2,856 metres. If we are lucky enough we will be able to enjoy the rich wildlife in the region of Haut Val de Bagnes with the Mont Pleureur federal reserve and the Mauvoisin Marmot reserve, the second biggest natural reserve in Switzerland, is exceptional.
- 6 days
- +5200 / -5100 vertical meters
- 100 kilometers aprox.
- Difficulty: Challenging
- Highest point: 2840 meters
- Hut to Hut
Day 1: Hotel in Le Châble.
Day 2: Le Châble/Verbier - Pâtier - St.Christophe - La Chute du Bisse - Crêtes de la Marlène - Col Marlène - Savoleyres - Croix du Coeur - Col des Mines - Les Attelas - Cab. Mt.Fort A day to warm up the legs with +1500 meters uphills and 500 meters downhill, seven hours walk.
Day 3: Cabane Montfort to Fionnay/Mauvosin a six-hour hike with +200 meters and a 800 meters of steep descent.
Day 4: Mauvosin - Cabane de Chanrion, a four hours walk with 790 meters uphill and and 170 meters downhill. We will pass through Col de Tsofeiret an exposed place with safety ropes.
Day 5: Chanrion - Pont du Lancet - Les Rosses - Pazagnou - Col de Otanes - Cabane FXB Panossière. 7 h up 1000m, downhill 750m
Day 6: Cabane FXB Panossière - Corbassière glacier - Col of Avouillons - Cabane Brunet - Servey - Cabane de Mille 2473m. 5h30 walk, uphill 500m, downhill 600m.
Day 7: Col de Mille - Mont Brulé - Moay / Le Châble. To finish this fantastic tour a challenging descent of 1700 meters may be done from Moay to Le Châble with posibillity of taking the bus from Moay. Five hours walk aproximately.
This journey is an incredible opportunity to challenge yourself while you enjoy the magic and fantastic views of Val de Bagnes. The average walking per day is 17 kilometes with a total elevation gain/loss of 10.400 meters.
Private booking with 2 participants - CHF 1,800 per person
Private booking with 4 participants - CHF 1510 per person
Group booking with 4-6 participants- CHF 1510 per person (please get in touch for info about available group tours)
The price includes:
- All accommodation during the tour (six nights)
- All meals during the tour, except for the ones not specified
- All transport during the tour (except for those by feet!)
The price excludes:
- Outdoor equipment necessary for the participation of the tour, such as clothing, running backpack, etc. Each participant is required to bring their own equipment, and be proficient in its usage.
- Transport (e.g. flights, transportation to meeting point in Le Châble)
- Insurance. All participants are required to have their own insurance appropriate for travel and sports in the Swiss Alps, such as health, mountain rescue, repatriation, cancellation, etc.
- Mountain guide. If you wish to be accompanied by a mountain guide, kindly let us know and we will be happy to assist with the necessary arrangements.
- Alcoholic and soft beverages at the restaurants or huts