RUN VAL DE BAGNES - HUT TO HUT
Verbier can be crazy in winter, but during summer and autumn it becomes a real paradise, a hidden jewel for trail runners. The area has fantastic technical trails, with lots of elevation and of course beautiful landscapes. This is the heart of the Swiss Alps only for you!! Come and enjoy the peace of a genuine adventure without tourists everywhere.
This tour is an amazing opportunity to discover Val de Bagnes. While you hike up fast and run some technical downhills you will have the majestics Combins, Vélan and Mont-Blanc as your witnesses. One of the highlights of this run is Mauvoisin dam, a huge monument of modern engineering. Continuing our journey a majestic panorama awaits you at the summit of Attelas. There will be alpine passes as the highest point of Col des Otanes at 2,856 metres. If we are lucky enough we will be able to enjoy the rich wildlife in the region of Haut Val de Bagnes with the Mont Pleureur federal reserve and the Mauvoisin Marmot reserve, the second biggest natural reserve in Switzerland, is exceptional.
+5200 / -5100 vertical meters
98 kilometers aprox.
Highest point: 2840 meters'
Accomodation in mountain huts
Day 1: Verbier - Pâtier - St.Christophe - La Chute du Bisse - Crêtes de la Marlène - Col Marlène - Savoleyres - Croix du Coeur - Col des Mines - Les Attelas - Cab. Mt.Fort A day to warm up the legs with +1500 meters uphills and 500 meters downhills.
Day 2: Cabane Montfort to Fionnay/Mauvosin +200 meters and a 800 meters of steep descent. We will stop for a typical meal of the region towards Mauvosin - Cabane de Chanrion, with 790 meters uphill and and 170 meters downhill.
Day 3: Chanrion - Pont du Lancet - Les Rosses - Pazagnou - Col de Otanes - Cabane FXB Panossière. 7 h up 1000m, downhill 750m. A refreshing rest at Cabane FXB Panossière for a meal to continue to-Corbassière glacier - Col of Avouillons - Cabane Brunet - Servey - Cabane de Mille at 2473m with 500m uphill and 600m downhill.
Day 4: Col de Mille - Mont Brulé - Moay / Le Châble. To finish this fantastic tour a challenging descent of 1700 meters may be done from Moay to Le Châble with posibillity of taking the bus from Moay.
Please, get in touch to get more information about prices.
The price includes:
- All accommodation during the tour (four nights)
- All meals during the tour
- All transport during the tour (except for those by feet!)
The price excludes:
- Outdoor equipment necessary for the participation of the tour, such as clothing, running backpack, etc. Each participant is required to bring their own equipment, and be proficient in its usage.
- Transport (e.g. flights, transportation to meeting point in Le Châble) Travel airport - Geneva
- Insurance. All participants are required to have their own insurance appropriate for travel and sports in the Swiss Alps, such as health, mountain rescue, repatriation, cancellation, etc.
- Mountain guide. If you wish to be accompanied by a mountain guide, kindly let us know and we will be happy to assist with the necessary arrangements.
- Alcoholic and soft beverages at the restaurants or huts